Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Reflections for October 19, 2011

Ephesians 1:3-6 Blessed be the God and Father of my Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed me with every spiritual gift in the heavenly places in Christ, just as God the Father chose me in Jesus Christ before the foundation of the world, that I should be holy and without blame before Jesus Christ in love, having predestined me to adoption as His son by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made me accepted in the Beloved.

Ephesians 1:7-10 In Jesus Christ I have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace which He made to abound or increase to me in all wisdom and understanding, having made known to me the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, that in the dispensation of the fullness of  the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth in Jesus Christ.
Ephesians 1:11-12 In Jesus Christ also I have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of God the Father who works all things according to the counsel of His will, that I who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.

Ephesians 1:13-14 In Jesus Christ I also trusted, after I heard the word of truth, the gospel of my salvation; in whom also, having believed, I was sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of my inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession (me, spirit, soul, and body), to the praise of His glory.
Judges 17:6 In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that which was right in his own eyes. (KJV)

Now is the time for us (true believers) to decide within our own hearts whether we believe (without compromise) the whole counsel of God (the Bible) or not. If we believe the Bible we must say what it says without fear or reservation (speak the truth in love). Whenever we water down the Word of God, as not to offend people, we only end up offending people in the worst possible way of all by letting them believe that their false beliefs and lifestyles will not end them in eternal destruction. This action does not exemplify Christ love for humanity, but on the contrary perpetuates satan’s original lie he presented in the Garden of Eden.


No comments:

Post a Comment