Thursday, October 6, 2011

Reflections for October 6, 2011

John 15:9-12 Even as the Father has given me his love, so I have given my love to you: be ever in my love. If you keep my laws, you will be ever in my love, even as I have kept my Father's laws, and am ever in his love. I have said these things to you so that I may have joy in you and so that your joy may be complete. This is the law I give you: Have love one for another, even as I have love for you. (BBE)

How do I remain in Christ love for me? He tells me by keeping or guarding His commandments is the way for me to remain or stay in His love for me. His love for me never takes time off; it is ever present and constant. However, I have free will and can take off when I want and consequently step out of His constant love for me. On a sunny day during the 12 hours of daylight, the sun never stops shining and therefore any person can enjoy the rays of the sun for the entire 12 hour period, but they can also choose to put up an umbrella to block the sun’s rays from reaching them. This is what I and any other Christian do when we willfully disregard the Lord’s Word. At the top of His commandment list is for fellow believers in Christ to love each other as He loves us.
John 15:16-20  You did not take me for yourselves, but I took you for myself; and I gave you the work of going about and producing fruit which will be forever; so that whatever request you make to the Father in my name he may give it to you. So this is my law for you: Have love one for another. If you are hated by the world, keep in mind that I was hated by the world before you. If you were of the world, you would be loved by the world: but because you are not of the world, but I have taken you out of the world, you are hated by the world. Keep in mind the words I said to you, A servant is not greater than his lord. If they were cruel to me, they will be cruel to you; if they kept my words, they will keep yours. (BBE)

Jesus Christ chose me and plucked me out of this world dominated and controlled by sin and satan before He founded or made the world, therefore, I am now different from those still enslaved by satan and his world system. I will be hated because my Lord Jesus was hated first. I must never seek to be loved by the world and those still controlled by it. All because I bear the name, character, and nature of Jesus Christ my Lord, Master, and Savior I can never fit into this present world system. As so eloquently stated by the Apostle Peter here in these Scriptures; 2 Peter 1:2-4  Grace to you and peace be multiplied in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord; seeing that his divine power hath granted unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him that called us by His own glory and virtue; whereby He hath granted unto us his precious and exceeding great promises; that through these ye may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in that world by lust. (ASV)

No comments:

Post a Comment