Saturday, October 8, 2011

Reflections for October 8, 2011

John 17:9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine. (KJV)

In this verse, You directly meant the Apostles Lord Jesus, but You being Eternal looked into all of the future and meant here at this moment to pray for me and all who would come to You in repentance and faith.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are. (KJV)

All of us who are truly born again are one Dear Lord Jesus despite the wheat (true converts) and the tares (false converts) growing up together. 2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are His. And, Let everyone that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. (KJV)
John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled. (KJV)

None You redeem Dear Lord Jesus will ever be lost Eternally. We are kept by Your Mighty Hand from falling and not due to our own weak human efforts. 1 Peter 1:5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. (KJV)

John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. (KJV)
I am sanctified, set apart, being made holy daily by the washing of water with the Word. I MUST spend time daily in the Word of God. Not just cursory time, but deep reflection, study, meditation, and prayer over the Word.

John 17:19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth. (KJV)
The word sanctified here is the Greek Word (Hagiazo) which means to make holy; purify; consecrate; hallow.

John 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one. (KJV)
I have received the same Glory the Father gave Jesus. Christ said “I have given them” past tense; done deal; already mine. Now it is my responsibility to manifest (make visible in my daily life) that Glory.

Judges 6:28 And when the men of the city arose early in the morning, behold, the altar of Baal was cast down, and the grove was cut down that was by it, and the second bullock was offered upon the altar that was built. (KJV)
The Alter of Baal, torn down with the Word of God. Everything that the devil builds up can be destroyed but only with the Word of God.

2 Corinthians 10:3-6 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled. (KJV)

I must daily moment by moment (without ceasing or stopping) surrender my mind totally to You Lord Jesus. Proverbs 16:3 Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established. (KJV) I can change the way I live by allowing the Word of God to change the way I think. Ephesians 4:17, 18, 23  This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart. And be renewed in the spirit of your mind. (KJV)  Philippians 4:8  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. (KJV)




No comments:

Post a Comment